Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

Candy Apple Upside Down Cake

It's become a tradition for me to make canned candy apple rings around Christmas. I try and save a few jars for myself to use throughout the winter. Last night my Mama was coming over for dinner so I wanted a yummy dessert. I used the traditional Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe but used the Candy apple rings instead.

Preheat over to 350. In the cake pan, heat 2 TBSP butter and then stir in 1/3 cup brown sugar. Place the candy apple rings around the outside edge of the cake pan.
For the cake batter, cream 1/4 cup butter and 1/3 cup sugar. Add 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp salt. Then add 2/3 cup milk and slowly add 1 1/3 cup flour and 2 tsp baking powder. Pour over top of the brown sugar glaze with apple rings. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and then turn out onto a can plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment