Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

tee shirt necklace

I found this t-shirt a few weeks ago and fell in love with it. It's a little cheesy but it was my kind of cheesy. It was also a dollar and I loved that too! But when I went to put it on the other day, I found a hole in it in a very obvious place. (not where you want attention when you are a woman trying to practice modesty). I've seen these patterns around Pinterest so I thought I would give this a go.




I kept the hems intact here.





For the top part, I cut the sleeves off so the strips where shorter. I made them a bit thicker too. I used these to wrap around the ends of the necklace to bind them together.



The short strips I used to tie the parts of the necklace together. The middle sized strips I tied to make longer strips and made the braided part and the twisted part. The longer part I kept as in, just tued it together with one of the shorter strips. And then I used some black thread and sewed the three groups of strips together.



It turned out good! But I'm afraid it might be another one of the projects I make for myself that I never use. Maybe I'll find it a good home.

No comments:

Post a Comment