Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

pb maple banana oat cookies



I had some bananas that were on their last day and being the queen of thrift that I am, I had to find a use for them. I wasn't in the mood for banana bread so I looked up banana cookie recipes. Most of them called for a lot of shortening and a lot of eggs and I didn't want that either, so I kept looking. I finally came across a peanut butter and banana recipe that was pretty healthy and pretty simple so I used that as my base.
I creamed 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar and 1 stick of butter. Then I added 1 cup of peanut butter. Once it was smooth I added 2 ripe bananas. Once this was smooth I added 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt and 1 3/4 cup flour. Once this was just mixed I added a packet of maple syrup instant oatmeal. I mixed this in and then put the cookies on a oiled baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment