Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

Lemon Cake

I made this lemon cake for my Mama's birthday party yesterday. I did find the basic recipe online but I had to tweak it and make it my own.
Lemon Cake
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
4 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
Zest of 1 large lemon (wash it well first)
2 cups of all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
All the juice of the lemon
*preheat to 350
*oil cake pan
Beat butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla and lemon zest. Add dry ingredients. Add all the lemon juice from the lemon (up to 1 cup). Mix until well incorporated. Bake 40-45 minutes.
Lemon Glaze
2 cups confectioners suger
Juice of 1 large lemon
Mix until thicker than a regular glaze but still runny enough to run over the cake. Make sure the glaze touches every part of the cake. Let it set before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment