Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Warm hand muffs

I was looking through old issues of knitty online and came across this great pattern for a hand muff that uses up all the little bits of yarn leftovers from other projects.

And since we are in a massive cold spell right now, I thought this would be the perfect project for a hibernation weekend.

I mostly followed the pattern listed. I kept a black yarn running all the way through the whole project, adding and subtracting as needed.

I also added a layer of felt in the middle. Maybe in Vermont two layers of knitting are enough to keep your hands warms, but in Michigan, I thought a layer of felting would be a good idea to catch some of the wind.



~ leftover bits

~all laid out

~with the felt sewn around

~stitching up

~stitching up

~right side out

~final project!!

No comments:

Post a Comment