Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

Cinnamon Buns


I had some brown sugar frosting left over from Zucchini Bread Cake the other day (the recipe for the frosting is with Pumpkin cookies). I kept meaning to make cinnamon rolls to use up the frosting with so this morning I got up a little early to make them before Solstice went to school.
To make the dough- heat 3/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup margarine in a little sauce pan. Don't let the milk scold, just heat and let the margarine melt.
In the mixer put 2 1/4 cups flour, 1 pack of yeast, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 tsp salt. Add 1/4 cup water and 1 egg (I love my fresh eggs!)/ Then slowly add the cooled down milk and margarine mixture. This will be a pretty wet dough. Add another cup or 1 1/2 cups flour in small batches until the dough starts to form, then kneed it on a floured board for a few minutes. Let rise. Then roll out into a rectangle. The middle is 1/2 cup margarine melted with 1 TBSP cinnamon and 1 cup brown sugar. Roll it up, seal the end and cut it into 12 buns. Let them rise again. I cooked them in greased muffin tins- 20 minutes at 375.

No comments:

Post a Comment