Search This Blog

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Red apples / Green tomato / Tomatillo Salsa


I made the best salsa of all time today. I don't mean too proud or anything, but seriously, it is that good.
At the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk this morning Megan was telling me about this apple salsa she bought at the cider mill. She said it was good, but it could've been better. And that got me thinking...
I just harvested the garden out yesterday so I had a bowl of tomatillos, I still had a few green tomatoes and I had a few apples left from the farmers market. I also had chili peppers, onions and garlic. I whirrled all that in the food processor. And then put it in a saucepan with about a cup of vinegar, kosher salt and 2 tsps of cumin. I cooked it down for about 10 minutes.
And Oh. My. Goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment