Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pickled Eggs


Pickled eggs seemed like the logical conclusion to my obsession with making pickles all summer and the chickens really kicking production into high gear. So since I can't sleep in past 7 anymore, I got up and made pickled eggs this morning.

Fill a clear/sterile jar with peeled, hard boiled eggs, 1 sliced onion and 1 peeled clove of garlic.
In a sauce pan, heat just to boiling: handful of dill seed, handful of peppercorns, 1/2 handful of mustard seeds with 2 cups vinegar, 1 cup water and a few teaspoons of pickling salt.
Pour this mixture over the eggs and put the lid on tight. Let it cool on the countertop for the afternoon and then store in the fridge.
All the websites say not to store them in the cupboard anymore... but people did for years so I'm sure it's fine. As I'll probabaly be feeding most of these to my 2 year old, I'm gonna store them in the fridge just to be safe.

**************************

Sorry I haven't been posting as often lately! I've started a knitting business and it's keeping me so busy! Come see my facebook page here .

No comments:

Post a Comment