Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

stubborn pesto


My mom gave me a big bag of herbs, mostly basil and parsley, and I had big dreams of making pesto. But when I got home, I realized the cupboards where bare. I didn't even have olive oil! But I had my mind set on pesto pasta for dinner so I got my thinking cap on and this is what I came up with:
In the food processor I put in 5 cloves garlic, 1/2 red onion, 2-3 big handfuls of basil, 1 handful of parsley, 1/2 cup peanuts, 1 jar mostly drained light red kidney beans, 1/8 cup nutritional yeast and some salt to taste. I whirled it around until saucey. And was thrilled to find out it was good!
I mixed it with a box of cooked pasta, lightly cooked zucchini and fried tofu. And everyone loved it! Even the 9 year old boy! Wow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment