Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Goose berries

We went blueberry picking again today with my mom. We picked 15 pounds of blueberries in a little over an hour. When we got back to our house, my mom cleaned and sorted them. We then made a few types of blueberry jam. The first one we had talked about before; it uses blueberries, sugar and lemon jello. I told her we need to call it Damn Jello Jam.(you either get that joke, or you don't) It smelled great but it hasn't set yet so we'll see. Then I made a more conventional freezer jam. The first batch was awesome but the second batch was a total flop. So that batch was turned into some blueberry sauce and I made yet another batch of freezer jam. They are such an amazing color. I stocked up the freezer some more with berries and have just a little out for breakfast tomorrow.



Today was Solstice's birthday! My Goose is 11 years old already. She wanted a chocolate cake, which isn't my favorite but it went well with the bluebrries. The cake stuck to the pan and I thought it was ruined, but Andre saved the day by bringing home a box of pudding mix. I made that and filled in the space between the two cake layers with the pudding. Then frosted it and topped it with blueberries. And we had some of the blueberry sauce on our ice cream. It made a perfect summer dinner!

1 comment: