Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

new no poo livin'

I've been reading all around the net lately about going "poo free". It seemed like it was popping up somewhere at least once a day. So finally I gave in and started reading these articles and it started to sink in.
I'm too frugal (a.k.a. cheap) to buy the fancy shampoos that are chemical free and do minimal damage to the earth so this seems like a good alternative.

The articles say to use baking soda and apple cider vinegar. This makes total sense to me since that is what I use to clean my house already. You mix 1 tbsp of baking soda in a cup or two of water. Massage this into wet hair and esp. massage the scalp. Rince that out and then use diluted apple cider vinegar on the roots. Rinse that out and that's it.

So after my shower when I was combing my hair out, I noticed it was totally free on tangels. That is pretty amazing for my hair. I'll have to see how it dries. And maybe take another picture then.

This picture just makes me laugh. It also makes me laugh that my head smells like salad dressing.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment