Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sprite Cake

I was visiting my mom last week and she mentioned she had a recipe for Red Pop cake. I was thinking that would be a great idea for Aiden's birthday. But when I mentioned it to him, he asked if there was such thing as Sprite Cake. So I went to the internet and there sure is. There were many recipes, but many were just adding Sprite to a cake mix. That just isn't baking as far as I'm concerned. I'm not a fan of assembly cooking.
I went with this recipe from Cooks.com. It was basically a pound cake but with Sprite and lemon extract and cooked in a bundt cake pan.

That got me thinking about what a funny word Bundt is. So I looked it up. No surprise that it is a German word. "The German word bund in bundkuchen originated either from bundling or wrapping the cake's dough around the pan's center hole or because a bund is a gathering of people". Interesting.

I love bundt cakes anyway and I often cake cakes in a bundt pan. The only issue is that they often take longer to bake. This cake took two hours to bake! I was starting to stress if it was ever going to be done.

Everyone at Aiden's birthday party today agreed that Sprite Cake is tasty! xoxo

1 comment: