Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

hippie cheese


I spent the majority of my 20's either Vegan or close to it. The thing that I always missed the most was cheese. So after some trial and error, I reworked this recipe from The Farm and came up with my recipe for "cheese".
Put 1/2 cup margarine(not butter) in a saucepan over medium heat and begin to melt. Add in 1/2 cup white flour (not wheat) and stir it constantly as the margarine finishes melting. Then add in 3 cups of water and stir! Stir! Stir! It will begin to thicken after a minute or two. Once it has become as thick as you like, take it off the heat and add in up to a tsp of salt and 1 cup of nutritional yeast.
We use this as a cheese dip, in casseroles, for macaroni and cheese, on pizza, in lasgana, for everything! The kids love it and most open minded adults do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment